Alumni of the Eta-Delta Chapter have established a Chapter Educational Fund (CEF) with the Sigma Pi Educational Foundation to address the desire for alumni members and parents to provide financial support to our chapter while also receiving a tax deduction benefit. The CEF Program allows donors to make gifts that specifically and directly address the needs of our chapter while ensuring the tax deductibility of those gifts for federal income tax purposes.
All gifts to the CEF will be held by the Foundation as restricted gifts for the sole benefit of the chapter and its members. Potential uses for the CEF include:
- Awarding scholarships or fellowships for undergraduate and graduate members of the chapter
- Providing grants to cover portions of the travel and accommodation costs for chapter members to attend events including the Mid-Year Leadership Conference and Sigma Pi University
- Purchasing educational resources for the learning areas of the local chapter house including items such as desks, bookcases, books, computer hardware, and educational software
- Financing the construction, renovation, and furnishing of the educational areas in the local chapter house including study rooms, libraries, computer labs, and computer networking infrastructure
- Providing subordinate construction and/or permanent financing for housing construction or renovations which are permitted under the Internal Revenue Code
For more information about Eta-Delta’s Chapter Educational Fund please contact the Chapter Director at EtaDeltaCD@SigmaPi.org or call the Sigma Pi Educational Foundation office at 615-921-2300.
Donations to the Foundation are tax-exempt under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code.